I am very happy to report that my book, Tulagi Hotel, is now released into the Finnish market as Hotelli Tulagi. Published by Sitruuna Kustannus and translated by the very capable translator, Seppo Raudaskoski, it hit the stores in late August and is now available in a multitude of shops as well as all Finnish net stores that sell books.
It was a four year project to get it published here, but it was well worth the wait, as the final product is really great. Seppo’s translation is much better than anything I could have produced myself.
This book is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other bookstores. It is a historical fiction novel tracking the fortunes of Jack McGuire, an American Marine fighter pilot. Follow his path from Nebraska to the Solomon Islands, from the comfort of his home at the farm to the fiery skies of Guadalcanal and beyond. Dodging bullets, he survives to find that he cannot go back to the United States, but has to return to the Solomons to start a hotel there. For a while life is sweet.
But his past soon catches up with him. A parade of war veterans float through the hotel, sending Jack hurtling back into dogfights over the Solomon Islands, as the story of his wartime life unfolds. Then, out of the Pacific blue, he sees the widow of his former wingman Don Wheeler, who was shot down in action. No-one even knew that womanizing fighter pilot Don had a wife, and her arrival sends Jack’s life into turmoil.
I have had a collection published by Pfoxmoor Publishing in 2011, but it is currently unavailable, pending re-issue by my current published, Fingerpress. However, you can read quite a few of my stories online, and this is a list of links to the stories:
- My work at the Year Zero Writers’ pages – 24 stories
- Lord Stanton’s Horse, a flash fiction piece that won the Flash 500 award in September 2010
- Escape Into Light published my story The Summerhouse
- The Estate Settled is a speculative fiction short story
- The Dispatchers, a dark WW2 ghost story, has been published in Finnish too
- Filtered Light is the story that gave the collection its name
- The Campsite vol. 1 – Forssa is a true life story from the summer I worked as a camping site supervisor